Monday, December 27, 2010

Resolutions...

It's almost the New Year, 2011! So what resolutions do you have for yourself this coming year? Are you just fulfilling one hope or dream on your list, or are you courageous and tackling all of them. One of my best friends, Rebecca, put it well. In her own words ..."In 2011 I am going to do the things that I am most scared of. The things that I have thought about for years, but never accomplished due to self doubt. Taking risks and re-investing in myself (my brain)." I admire Rebecca's courage and strength and have no doubt that she will accomplish what she sets out to do.

For myself, however, my resolutions tend to be smaller but just as important. But these little resolutions are sure to make a big impact in my life.
  • Take nothing for granted. (health included)
  • Spending more time outside (especially with my k-9 baby boy, Paisan)
  • Traveling more (even if it is to just get out of the city)
  • Spending more time with the people that mean the most to me.
  • Taking more time for myself and taking better care of me.
  • (This is the most important)...LEARNING TO SAY "NO"! (at least to some things :)
This last one I have struggled with my whole life and will probably continue to struggle with. I am a self professed "People Pleaser". It's one of the many reasons I love being a hairstylist...Instant gratification all day long, for both parties. While making people happy makes me happy...I also have to remember to take time for myself, because that makes me happy too! :) The idea is BALANCE!!!

I believe that 2011 is MY year, and I want to be present for all the moments it has to offer.  This coming year, I wish all of you an abundance of Love, Peace, Happiness and Balance!


(courtesy of Screenwerk.com.)


Xoxo,
Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails