Thursday, March 24, 2011

Eye Lash Extensions

One of my most favorite beauty pleasures is getting eye lash extensions. I've known about them for a while now. Many clients have come in with them...fluttering and batting their fabulous lashes...and I have finally gotten on the band wagon! My gal, Erica Evenson, has been applying extra luxurious lashes to my eyes now for about 2 months. I'm pretty sure that I won't be going back to my natural lashes for a long while. They are unbelievably addictive. {Especially when I barely had any to begin with.}. Just for the fact that I don't have to apply mascara, everyday, to my non-existent lashes, alone, are worth every penny and minute that I spend with Erica.

Below is a series of pictures the "filling" process. I wish I had done the pictures the very first time I went in, so you could see the drastic difference, but that didn't happen. However, it is still a very tedious process that my friend Candice Cusack shot for me. {Candice is a magnificent photographer and has worked on a few blog posts with me. Thank you Candice for you professional expertise. You can find more of her amazing work on her website at www.urbanglimpses.com }


Before Shot

{If you look closely, you can see that I am missing a few and that they need some TLC.}



Removal of the glue which holds the lashes in place.



Yes, if you must know, your bottom lashes have to be taped down. This does NOT hurt and is NOT uncomfortable at all. I literally sleep...


The lashes that are used are mink hairs.
{The minks are not harmed or killed. They are brushed and then the shed
hairs are used for this purpose.}



Once the right eye is done, then it is onto the left.



Same precautions are taken for the left eye.



You can see in this photo, just how small the lashes are, that are being applied.



This the end result...Thicker, darker and longer lashes. Bellissimo!


Erica Evenson's quaint spa is located in the Sorrento Hotel on Madison and 9th Ave. 
Call and make your appointment at {206}-920-8254.

Have a wonderful day!!!

Xoxo,
Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails